With an action-packed ten day expo on the horizon we recommend you prepare your itinerary so you don’t miss a thing!
Experience our region’s culture, history, food, art, music, dance and unique botanical and marine beauty.
Watch this space for program updates and artist announcements.
Reconciliation Rocks Music Festival
11-13 JUNE 2021
- Free Reconciliation Rocks Concert featuring Troy Cassar-Daley, Busby Marou and Mau Power
- Featuring some of the region’s best known Indigenous and non-Indigenous performing artists
- Indigenous Back in Time showcase featuring bush tucker tasting, weaving, regional Indigenous art exhibitions, language workshops, story telling, fashion show and Gurrma (traditional underground oven restaurant)
- Live re-enactment of the first recorded act of reconciliation between Captain Cook and the Guugu Yimithirr bama
- Reconciliation Rocks precinct smoking ceremony
- Key events hosted in partnership with Cape York Indigenous communities
- Fun fair and side show alley
We are proud to announce Reconciliation Rocks Headline Artists. See them at the FREE Reconciliation Rocks Concert Saturday 12 June 2021.
14-17 JUNE 2021
- Join us for four days where we will bring Cape York regional businesses together to network, promote and showcase their products and services through displays, forums and an ideas exchange.
18-20 JUNE 2021
- Live performance and re-enactment of the landing of Captain Cook and his interactions with the Guugu Yimithirr bama
- The Endeavour Ball (ticketed)
- Cape York Regional Street Parade
- History tours, talks and stories from the Gold Rush
- Botanic Gardens tours, Banks Florilegium and Vera Scarth-Johnson botanic art exhibition, botanic art workshops
- The Cooktown Cantata – Botanical Reflections – a musical work of reconciliation especially commissioned for Cooktown Expo 2021 (ticketed)
- Live music including the Briscoe Sisters and Zennith
- Under the Sea and Ocean Illumination Lantern Parade
- Farewell Concert and Warrma